Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where's The Book? Outta Town...

Have a book that you just read? 
Of course theres going to be a second one after that..
But its not anywhere to be found? 
Sucks Right?



Yeah, It just plain sucks don't it? Its a tease really, why do library's only get a certain amount of books. Like the whole volumes thing is completely pointless here in Ketchikan. Why get one book by an author that creates only a few books that involve the same character of the book you just read. It makes people angry, well at least it makes me angry considering I think me and only a few other kids in this town even read at all. Its upsetting. Plus the library is huge so it seems like the book you'd want to read would be there. 

       Its a big set up, darn Librarians. Ive got this habit where I read and read and read and If I don't get the book that's after the one I just read, I get pissed at this town and flip out on my mom. Which in her case isn't something that pleases her. Like today, I finished a book called 'The Secret Under My Skin', and of course Ill get all happy go lucky and be like, "I want to read the second one." Ill look it up, you know that whole searching for the book on the library website, and it wasn't there. I got pissed, Kept looking and typed in different things you know the publisher, the author, and the title like at least ten times each. "I hate this town" is all I said and I gave up. But whats cool about this town is if none of the libraries have it, they will order it for you so you can read it. Like my principal here at Revilla High school, He said "yeah, we can order it for ya. No problem!" And BOOM BAM! I'm happy all over again. 

      The only thing I have to focus on is being patient. And of course, being the anxious reader that I am, Ill probably check with my principal and be like "Is it here yet?, Did you order it? Huh huh huhhhhhH?!?!?!" and then Id end up mentally beating my butt because its already enough asking if he could order it for me. 
I don't know its that little thing about reading books that really disappoints me. I bet it makes those who are also readers, very upset due to the fact that where ever you live, your library just sucks. It makes kids like us just want to go the largest library there is on this frigg'n planet and , live there. Ya know? 
     Maybe its just me, I don't know. But soon you all will feel my pain when you start reading a book for once, then you'll get interested and be like Yeah! Now I'm going to get the next book! and you know what will happen? It wont be there. Then you'll be all angry and give up reading just for that reason. Sounds logical no? So good luck, and wish me luck on my order!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment