Thursday, October 28, 2010

Home's Nothing But A Tomb


WOULD I CALL THIS A HOUSE?
OR A TOMB
ROTTING HERE EVERYDAY AND NIGHT,
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?



DO YOU LIKE IT HERE?
LOCKED TIGHT AND ALONE,
WITH NO ONE TO HEAR YOU
WEEP AND MOAN.


DO YOU WANT COMPANY NOW?
SINCE YOU'RE CRYING AND COLD,
WANDERING IN YOUR DARK MANSION
WITH NO ONE TO HOLD


 
WOULD YOU WANT ME HERE?
DEAD TO THE WORLD TOO
CAN YOU HEAR ME TALKING?
DO YOU WANT ME TO STAY WITH YOU?


IF NOT TELL ME TO GO,
AND ILL LEAVE WITH EASE.
THINK IF YOU'D RATHER BE ALONE, 
OR BE WITH ME.





FOX SAYS:  I wrote this poem after getting into an argument with my mother. Its not really about her, but it gave me a sense of my mom. Its saying "would I call this a house or a tomb" I meant it as would you rather stay here forever or travel, take company or stay here and not do anything worth doing. "Rotting here every day and night" Meaning that why would you want to stay  here forever, drinking, watching TV instead of living life? "Do you like it here..." I meant that as, Do you like seeing yourself through a foggy mirror? Do you enjoy crying every night with no one to hear you? The same as wanting company with no one to hold you as you cry, wandering your home alone. Your tomb. "Do you want me here?" When I put that in the poem I meant to ask, would you want me here? The one you supposedly love, the one who hates watching you be and cry alone. If not tell me to go, I'll leave and never come back but think, Do you want to be alone the rest of your life... or be with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment