Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Precious Time

Precious Time
  
Watching time as it rolls by
Inevitable to other's eyes
 
Cant help but focus on the hands
Chasing down timed demands
 
The tick tock, tick-tocking
Clouded by the others talking
 
Silence hardly ever around
Students huddled in a crowd
 
Music seems to set me free
So I work like a bumblebee
 
Steady, focused and remedied
Fingers typing steadily
 
Watching time as it skims by
Evening touches the crisp blue sky
 
No matter the force or if we try
Night time comes and another day dies
 
 
What Fox has to say about the poem!


Fox: I wrote this in midday at school, sort of slacking for the time being. I realized that as I was staring aimlessly at the clock, I should write something about the sounds, the sense of time being rushed and or used responsibly. Its about how all the students just sort of ignore time, how they hurry and get things done without really spending the time on it, how silence is never visited, never used, and everyone just talks, yells, then it comes to how I work steady, uninterested in the time because I'm more interested in doing things right, and getting a great grade on what I tend to spend my time on. So, I work how a bumblebee would, getting every drop of pollen from the flowers, and taking back tons and tons to my queen and making sure that I work hard enough for my fellow bumbles. And often I look outside and watch as time creeps by like a fox, unnoticed, sly, and covers everything till the next day. When the sun can rise again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment