Friday, October 22, 2010

Surroundings




See the sun as it shines
The one who lights the earth
Spilling joy along the sky
As happy as giving birth

See the moon, watch it glow
Letting shadows dance around
Sending calm feelings to our minds
We're listening to every sound 






See the ocean drift around
Like a never-ending flame
Shimmering like a precious diamond
With each and every wave








See the clouds float on by
Like a cat sneaking through
Leaving paw prints here and there
While keeping an eye on you







See the mountains standing there
Elegant with every height
Look at all the beauty around us
What an amazing sight




I happened to choose this poem I wrote, to express what I see in the world. The beauty and elegance of what mother nature has created for us to see, for us to believe in her. Mother nature. Sounds hippy-like right? Ha ha, I Know but its not everyday that people get to live in Alaska or anywhere else thats beautiful and be able to have it right in your back yard. Ya know? The pictures are not my own, though I believe I can take some shots the same style as the photographers who took these. Pictures help with my poetry, and so does understanding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment