Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Undeniable Me


Undeniable
By: Mariah Deanda (Me)


May I make this very clear
Though I may be sweet and Kind
Demons haunt my dreary past
A mask I tend to hide behind

Illustrated on my heart
A scary story I like to hide
Kept from people, friends and lovers
Some may see what lies inside

Emotion has its special strength
On me it tends to bruise
Though I try so hard to fight
Im often weak, and lose

Love is easy for me to give
But taking it back is a pain
Others put my heart in a box
So hatred and sorrow remain

I once had a true love
Lost in the past and stuck
Permanent angel in my eyes
But gone, that’s my luck

In the new I appear
As stronger and content
Don’t make me angry or upset
Ill take it to an extent

Made happy by the little things
and doing my best to try
On and on, I keep going
Until the day I die


What Fox Thinks About Her Poem::;;

I wrote this on a day that I had to prove something to myself. A day people call Monday, and I call dread. Its kind of a habit to blame my attitude on the day and not the people or the things people call excuses. Id much rather explain in it writing, or typing. Which ever one comes first to my hand, so that either my fingers can let go, or my wrist can control. I underestimate myself, and sometimes get judged by those around me; suchas teachers, students, family or friends. But only a few really know me and this is what they should see. (points to poem)
They should see that just because I'm happy and whatnot during the day, doesnt mean that I come from a happy past. Memories drain me and when people ask me if Im okay, when Im not kind of stresses me out. Cause it proves to me that you really dont quite know whats up with my life, and who takes part in my emotions. They should also know that whether they can read it or not, my story, my life; and know every little bit of me. Often at times, I get heart broken, used, and abused but who doesnt. In the poem I just explained how I feel, and how I take being heartbroken to a new level.
(Shrugs)
I dont know if you will fully comprehend the title or the poem itself, but surely you must have an idea. Everything you do starts with an idea, and your  mind controls those ideas and makes them explode in your prefrontal lobe and bam!! Your set for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment