Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Natural Beauty

Natural Beauty brings great Connections

 First things first, I don't quite call myself beautiful but I don't call myself ugly. I'm not the type of girl that will sit there in front of the mirror and stare at myself all day, or just pamper myself constantly. Though I am the type of girl to be considered a woman with great natural beauty and known to make anything of myself that I wanted. One day I was hanging out at a friends place, when a woman at the age of 62 walked up to me and smiled. My mother had yelled at her a few days before because I was somewhere that I probably shouldn't be. But that's besides the point, and its not my point in this story. Anyways, her name is Mercy and she is a kind, small, Philippine woman and she is known as the meanest woman in town. This particular day she came up to me and said, "May I talk to you for a minute, Sweetheart?" and of course I am willing to listen to anyone whom wishes to share some knowledge with me. So, I followed her to this room filled with couches and sat down with her with the door shut behind us. "Sit down, baby girl" she said to me, and when I did she took my hand and spoke ever so lightly, like a mama would do when she really cares and so I listened and took her words in. She told me that I am a beautiful woman, and she says woman because I have an attitude that surprises her and she loves it. "I have connections all over the world, I can send you anywhere you want to go. Hollywood, Las Vegas, Switzerland, New York, United Kingdom. Anywhere you wish to go." I was surprised, because this woman is 62 and yet she is a billionaire. She has houses all over the states and countries; and all she is doing here is making a little more extra money for herself. "Do you know how much they would pay just to have your face in magazines and movies? Alot, you could do anything you want with such a natural beauty like yours." I nodded and said to her that I wanted to become a photographer and travel a bit before I head to college. Also stating that my mother sort of holds me back from growing up and being something great. "No one can stop you from growing up. I have students all over the world that always call me Mama Mercy. So you may call me mama, but listen to mama. Your mom is only being a mama, she loves you with all her heart but she cannot stop you from reaching your destiny and from growing up. You want to become a photographer? Honey that's beautiful, it is!..Ill send you to New York so you can be somebody and make something of yourself." I smiled, I couldn't help but want to cry because no one has ever talked to me in such a manner as hers. It was shocking to hear all this coming from a woman that has enough money to buy anything she wished, she had 12 room houses all over and lofts in the cities. She smiles at me and says, "You, young ladie, are the beautifulest woman I have ever seen in Alaska. You are! I'm not lying. I have seen alot of women just doing all they can to reach the top and become something they are only acting for. You, you have such beautiful skin, perfect eyes, nose, and face. Mariah, listen to mama, I am 62 years old. I have done all that" She said flailing her arms around meaning anything in the world, shes been there and done that. "Everyone is going to push you around and shove you close to the edge. But they are only jealous of that Natural Beauty you have. My love, you are such a young woman and you listen to greatly. I can tell that in life you are going to succeed in doing whatever it is you wish." She squeezed my hand tight and started saying something when I stopped her and said "I know I have natural beauty and I appreciate the fact at least you notice it.." She smiles and stands, "everyone does, they are just afraid of it. No one can stand to see something so real and natural when its not them that has it. Natural Beauty, Mariah. You have it, so stand tall and go have some fun! And if you ever want to talk, come see mama Mercy. Okay?.... Don't cry!" she says and gives me a huge hug. "I love you Mama Mercy!!" I said, with no tears in my eyes but a smile on my face. Mercy nodded and said, "Go play now..." and I took off walking. For the rest of the day I had such a great big smile on my face and started daydreaming of going all over the world. To become someone, with Mercy helping me out. She said that she had 3 kids and all of them were doctors, the best doctors. "If they can do it, so can you baby girl." 

That became my favorite day, and I plan on talking to her more and more about traveling with her in December when she goes to Switzerland to visit her family. I honestly cannot believe that anyone, in my young years, would approach me and tell me such things. I believe there is some great people in this world, and I plan on making great memories with them! 

Thanks Mama Mercy!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment