Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weeping Willow

Why do you weep my dear Willow?
Although your branches stretch so high,
And your leaves tangle towards the sky.
I often stop to ponder why,
Your intentions refuse to show?

Why do you weep lovely Willow?
Dont lie; I feel it in your bark.
decades of sorrow left their mark,
Suggesting tortures beyond dark,
Leaving scars wide for time to sew.

Why do you we3ep my friend Willow?
As a lonely alcoholic,
Do you think of life too nostalgic.
Is nothing to you harmonic?
Or is it your strength in roots below?

Why do you weep darling Willow?
Remember this promise I send,
Until the day your weeping ends,
I will cry with you, my dear friend.
Perched atop you, a friend unknown.


What Fox has to say:

 Again this poem is about my mother, and how she lived in the past. Describing all the past beatings shes endured and all the pain that she can feel. A weeping willow always just seems to fit my mother, you can tell by her long dark black and white hair, soft as a Willows leaves and she stands aged, you can tell by the look on her face that she crys nonstop about anything and everything. She once told me that all her scars were never sewn in time, she was never healed and nothing made her life better. Except me. The one who always checks and makes sure shes okay, and the one who watches her with out her knowing. Making sure shes always okay, and making a note of how she feels everyday. This poem talks alot about her past and her pain, and Im glad I captured that in this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment