Monday, December 6, 2010

Mother..


I walk around carrying the weight of the world
Demolished while you walk unharmed
You continue on your way with no demise
Not touched by the mere weakness of the heart
But covered in a shield of strength.

I walk around holding your heads high
While your but precious dolls in my calloused hands
Unwilling to live your life the way you wish
But to act like puppets in others fingertips
Weak to the touch.

I walk around listening to every word
The threats and the cries for help
Stressing while you sit there expressionless
Unable to break things down but to rush on through
Limited on sleep and relaxation

I walk around holding everyones cards
Unable to deal with what they’ve been delt
They leave it on me, count on me
Evaporating with every single breath I take
Breathing in your dispair.

I walk around carrying your hearts
While you walk around without one care
Seeing nothing but the faceless people
Soon it will be widely known and you will see
That you can make it on your own.

And in the end of your story
Others can take a look at what you’ve learned
And surely I wont have to carry the weight of the world
It will be someone elses job, and much like me,
Will you really feel strong.


What Fox Has to say about this poem:

   This poem was built off of the life of my mother, less explanation but more of a tale. I described most of what my mother can do in one day or more, but some things I left out. They are obvious of course, because indeed you do have a mother, and surely you'd know what Im talking about. But the strength of a mother, the ability to keep her head high as well as her childrens and friends. The weight that they feel and what they deal with every single hour/minute/second. Even throughout all the rain, or when nothing is left in the world, they will know that they have taught the strength of a woman that gave birth to something beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment