Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Take Me Home

Take me home to where the wolf awaits,
The lone figure in the dark night.
Waiting for me to lay my head
Protecting me in the shadow's light.

Take me away no I've paid my debts,
Away from this place tucked into the woods.
I want to stand beside the great wolf
And lay my weary head to rest.

I want to sleep the sleep of the child
Next to the wolf of the sea.
I want to be the shadow of trees
To hide the great wolf of the sea.

Take me home to where the wolf awaits
With a lunar howl and a stellar bite.
Chasing away bad memories,
So I never have to sleep in fright.
Because I want to sleep the sleep of that child
Shadowed by the great wolf of the sea.




What Fox Has to Say about her poem:

    I wrote that in a stray moment of time when my mother seemed like my guardian. A wolf that protects me from anything that brings fear. My mother is in fact that wolf, the one who watches over my existance so I may sleep as peaceful as can be. She does have a bad side though, in fact I talked about that in the poem, Her stellar bite. I talk about how I have done what she wanted me to do, 'paid my debts' and in logic, I worked my way to being hidden in her shadow.. Yet still watching her as well. To be able to sleep comfortably knowing that my mother is always going to be there for me. My moms a Cancer, its her sign. So I called her the Wolf Of The Sea... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment