Monday, November 29, 2010

Regret




Miles and miles of it,
Trails throughout my life.
Echoing my footsteps,
A reminder of places I've yet gone.
The love I have not yet felt,
Words that I haven't spoken.
Past actions that taunt my heart,
And memories I'd never forget.
It taunts me, this word,
Say it aloud, Regret.
Explanations I have yet to do,
Easier to be said, then done.



What Fox Has to Say: 
I wrote this poem mainly because I have been doing alot of thinking about my actions. The things I've done and the stuff  I have yet to do. Amazing what thoughts can produce when you think of the word regret. You imagine everything you've said or done that disappointed you or someone else so badly that you wished you could have taken it back. Something you've done that stays right there in your mind and never leaves you alone until you feel the pain, the wrath of the others around you. People tend to say they regret doing things, but dont know why. Because somehow they know that they did it because they wanted to, with no intention of hurting anyone or hurting themselves. When it all comes down to it, regret is just something that stays there hidden or seen, I regret alot of things and somehow, knowing that I regret them, makes me stop regretting. If that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment